Make a Difference Support Your Neighborhood
Successful communities are made of strong, safe, and livable neighborhoods.
Ensuring the places we live are everything they can be is the motivation for the 14th Annual Neighborhoods Conference, from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 15. The free event offers workshops, networking opportunities, vendors, an awards luncheon, and a special program for teens ages 14-19.
The conference is great for neighborhood association leaders, residents, and anyone interested in enhancing their neighborhood's stature as a place people are proud to call home.
Here's what you need to know:
• The Neighborhoods Conference takes place at Sheraton Tampa East, 10221 Princess Palm Ave., southwest of the intersection of Interstate 75 and MLK Boulevard, in Sabal Park. It's free, including lunch, to those who register.
• Workshops focus on topics of interest to neighborhood residents and leaders, such as briefings on zoning and code enforcement, seeking grant money, and combating mosquitoes.
• Simultaneously, a Youth Conference takes place. Topics include developing a personal brand, connecting through art, bullying, and seeing neighborhoods through young people's eyes.
• Businesses and nonprofit groups host exhibits at the event and advertise in the conference program.
• During a luncheon following the workshops, Neighborhood Recognition Awards are announced in 10 categories for associations, individuals, youth, programs, projects, and more. Nominations were due by June 23.
Hundreds of people attend the Neighborhoods Conference each year, with the goal of making Hillsborough County and their neighborhoods better places to live, work, and play.